Friday, March 5, 2010

Who is my art hero at the moment?


The conceptual architect Wellington Reiter is my current art hero. He has been one of my faves for awhile and his work is helping me/ inspiring me through the pen and ink drawings I am working on in my studio (right now...), which is part of my MFA show. His book of drawings, sculpture, and writings have been one of my bibles I carry around with me for at least six years. His pen and ink drawings of structures that resemble cones, and exploded bridges, scribbled grid irons, and utopic recontextualized aircraft carriers, are mind blowing and full of creative genius. I can't help but hold this book dear to me. He is a precursor to another fave, the much more well know Julie Mehretu. But that is another blog. Here is a photo of one of his amazing drawings....

No comments:

Post a Comment